Wednesday, May 2, 2007

John Davis

John Davis explorer, July 2006
climbing up the birdhouse pole, between the deck and the columnar poplar


Today, John Davis (explorer rose) returned! Of all the roses, he was the last to appear this spring - I was worried. A profuse bloomer, the buds appear at first to be red, almost like little cherries. They're small flowers, but abundant and perfectly delicate - and pink! Now I have such a sense of hope for all the plants I moved, and eager to prepare the rose beds.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do tonight! You've been busy!!

Amy said...

OOOHH! Caroline! I was sooo excited to see John Davis return yesterday!!! There are some leaves uncurling even...and small buds all over it. More survived than I thought...I'm so happy!

| More