Friday, May 25, 2007

Full Frontal

Reminders of last night's beautiful rainstorm left on my Daylilies:


Still feeling quite undecided as to what to make of the front yard, I've decided to leave it to develop itself. It will, over the years - I'm sure - find a way to tell me what to plant. In the meantime, I amended the soil on the east side corner near the front steps and transplanted seven of my surviving Daylilies. I don't have a clue as to who is who anymore, so we'll just have to wait for some blooms. ;)

I've also amended the soil surrounding our poor boulevard tree (an Ash), adding plenty of cattle manure, along with some fertilizer spikes. The rain yesterday couldn't have come at a better time - that tree needs water. I hope that with a little TLC I can bring it back.

No comments:

| More