Friday, May 25, 2012

treasure box

Clifford, little big guy
dwarfed buy a planter box

One of the new (replacement) replicas of my treasured window boxes, 
...hand-crafted by R as a gift for me while I was at work one day...love him...
...anyway..It's stuffed full: 
Ipomoea 'Blackie', Tuberous Begonia 'Million Kisses Amour', Lysimachia 'Goldilocks', Calibrachoa 'Double Orange', Coleus 'Colourblaze', Hedera Helix 'English Ivy'. 
I know the Coleus will redden with age; it will be large, along with the begonias. 
Everything else with trail and tumble. 
Though it would be nice to see it hanging,
it just doesn't suit the character of our home... 
- not that I've ruled out somewhere on the back porch, or along the new fence once it's in place. 
For now the window box will have to be a ground container, 
and I like it's current location along the west side garden.

No comments:

| More