Tuesday, June 3, 2008

amysgarden June 2008

  • amysgarden and Amy have been in negotiations since May 4th. The few who rose up in protest were promptly planted in front of the house along the walk & steps to the front porch. They may not remain forever, but needed to be saved.
    There was once a garden bed in the location; found objects included some flagstone, a pair of old socks, more cigarette butts than I care to ever think of again, and lots of crabgrass. I transplanted a shrub of unknown identity (we'll know in a few weeks - he'll talk) to the other side of the overgrown-but-not-brown cedar. Around the cedar I planted: the southern elder, an astilbe, Annabelle, some hostas that were reaching their roots out of the pot they were moved in, clumps of forget-me-nots (blooming profusely) and ajuga (wow, that'll spread yes, but who's in control here? Me or them? ME.), John Davis, pig squeak and lamb's ear, oh and I planted the goat's beard - which ultimately will have to move...either he or the cedar (personally I'd rather lose the cedar and live with the elder, Annabelle, and the Goat's Beard...but, alas, 'tis not my tree). Some lungwort went in and is showing bloom buds today wow, coral bells, some fall color in veronica and rudbeckia, sedum fire, and also St. John's Wort and Sweet Woodruff to fill in and around. The pots are filled with a blood leaf plant and a hosta, the window box with varieties of coleus, lime potato vine, black potato vine, and vinca.

    I do not know when I did this - it's all a blur now.

    The back yard is an array of forget-me-nots, dandelions, thistle, ferns and lily-of-the-valley. I've offered up every valley lily to Karen of the Schmidt Sisters, the forget-me-nots are going to have to be donated elsewhere (Hannah's school? guerrilla gardening at LU?) I think I have enough for both *and* a small village continent.
    I've told it and the rest of amysgarden (waiting patiently - and well - in pots back there) to wait until July....when I might get a day off. ;)

No comments:

| More