Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eco Superior Streamwalk


EcoSuperior and the Thunder Bay District Stewardship Council are hosting a Streamwalk along McVicar Creek on Wednesday June 22 between 7 and 8 pm. Rescheduled due to heavy rain, to Tuesday, July 5 at 7 pm.

They're meeting in the parking lot behind Grandview Arena on Madeline Street, and advise that you wear comfortable shoes and clothing. The Streamwalk will follow the recreation trail that runs along McVicar Creek. We'll learn about management practices along McVicar Creek, and what we can do to improve water quality and habitat in our urban streams.

This strip of recreational trail is my favourite in all of Thunder Bay. It used to be my route to work, to everywhere, and my walk home. It saddened me when they changed the trail and cut the trees, but I'm trying to give it time, and watch the new trees develop the area again. I think this Streamwalk will be quite interesting (and I'm going to bring Hannah with me, because she loves doing stuff like this with her mother!) :)

The Stream walk is free to attend, but please register here.

No comments:

| More