Thursday, September 27, 2007

Maple and Birches


The trees are changing.
Birches to Maples.
I hope a few Birches will stay around
a while longer, a couple of years or more.
I think they can stick it out.
They might feel intimidated by youth
being planted around them.
The new ones are colorful;
brilliant, sure - but will never compare,
or provide
the inspiration of the Birch with their shining white armor
lining the streets.

A.Y. Jackson, Maple and Birches

A Northwood Maple will stand in front of 1421 40-60 feet feet tall.
Acer Rubrum, only male leaves turn red, females flame orange.
That's the way they change.

It will look really nice to have two, framing the house.
I imagine the house's porch painted in lighter tones, cream white with beige, cranberry accents with ocean gray blue. Hardware in black. Very sharp. Framed with Maples on either side of the walkway, imagining what that would look like - makes me feel very positive.


Thoughts and prayers tonight for Lisa.


Who's to say
What's impossible
Well they forgot
This world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything
And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread its wings
There's no stoppin' curiosity

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's song
I don't want this feeling to go away

Who's to say
I can't do everything
Well I can try
And as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always just what they seem

This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
Will it all keep spinning and spinning round and round and

Upside down
Who's to say whats impossible and can't be found
I don't want this feeling to go away

Please Don't go away
is this how it's supposed to be

Jack Johnson




No comments:

| More