Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Watching Things Grow

The garden this morning: it looked good, everybody's growing, not over planted like in other years. I left the urge to go overboard for the baby's nursery.

John Davis (far left back against the back porch) is tall and lush. It's going to look incredible all covered in pink.
Peas, leeks, beets, carrots, kale & chard), beans, zucchini, cucumbers, Brussels sprout, tomatoes, hot peppers, garlic, herbs. I think that's it.

The west side garden is billowing over the walkway - exactly as I imagined. I still have some planter boxes & pots to fill, but it's all coming along nice. The Lophospermum that followed me home the other day is actually hanging on a hook the holds a ladder - not an actual plant hanger. I'm not sure where it will call home, but the best light for it (partial shade and either early or late sun, avoiding blazing heat) is along the west side, so somewhere along there it will live.
I filled the three tiered bucket containers with torenia and leaned it against the house, and it is quite happy there, so there it stays.

The baby's nursery, a room put together with well washed garden hands, is complete. I think I can finally say that. I've been dreaming of this room for three years. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I feel so at peace when I sit in the nursery chair (which swivels and glides, and is a little slice of down filled heaven). With eleven weeks to go I just want to sit here and enjoy being pregnant.

No comments:

| More