Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Speculative Non-GardenFiction

So - during October things happened and did not happen in Amy's Garden. In brief: no new boulevard tree (because the TSP planters can't plant the tree where the Ash was, or a bit to the left or a bit to the right because of water and hydro underground stuff but only pretty much exactly not in front of 1421 but next door - and that just won't do.) I don't know what I will do, or decide. But, grin. That's what winter is for: reading in bathtubs, learning and planning - and by spring I will know what to do about a lofty tree in front of this lovely house.


There's also been a decision on the greenhouse idea in the backyardovich.
.dedicednu eb t'nac snoiosiced taht yas ot ton si sihT

I could think of a greenhouse as structural element in my garden, but not to much being used as a greenhouse, thinking practically - and realistically. A fancy-schmancy gardening storage shed for my tools and odd pots and things perhaps ...(and being glass, therefore see-through, this would have to be a very tidy gardening storage shed to not be an eyesore).
I don't know how I feel about that so I'm considering my options, sans small backyard greenhouse.

I can see it in my mind's eye, a tree, smallish, deciduous, bearing preferably edible (not necessarily tasty to humans, bonus if so). I think of the tree (I've forgotten what kind of tree it is), a tree Les grows - a beautiful specimen in the kitchen garden at the cottage. I've been meaning to call and ask....

New native plant gardeners to town, D & A, have been the first to round up the winter season's garden talk around the office. Ever since I've been focusing my research in native plant directories, keeping a watchful eye on the fine print of the invasive species reports. I'm discovering new things, each a post of it's own (yet to be written).

There are changes in my garden plan that have come from new influences and information. I'm glad I'm more aware of invasive species, and soil, and the trees than I was a year ago. go me.

*blink*

I must cut this short now, goodnight journal - I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

No comments:

| More